CYP Hiring Fair
Start your professional career with the Navy in one of our many rewarding and fun entry to professional-level positions caring for and teaching military youth, ages 6 weeks to 18 years. Join us at the Navy Child & Youth Programs Hiring Fair on Wednesday, June 21, from 8 am to 2 pm at the Tachi Palace Hotel, 17225 Jersey Ave., Lemoore, CA 93245.
Positions are available at our on-base Child Development and Youth Center and include on-site training and internal career advancement. The Child & Youth Programs Hiring Fair is your one-stop opportunity to apply, interview and be hired - all in the same day!
- Applicants age 18 and older, all levels of education for full-time and flexible direct care positions for Child & Youth Programs at Naval Air Station Lemoore
- Operating hours are 5 am to 7 pm and can include weekends, nights and special events
- Child & Youth Programs include all ages of care: Child Development Centers (6 weeks to 5 years of age), School-Aged Care (6 to 12 years) and Youth Centers (13 to 18 years)
- Applicants with Veterans Preference (DD214 required) or Military Spousal Employment Preference (current orders in hand) – 8 to 9 am. All others are welcome at 9 am.
- Includes on-site qualifications screening, interviews, NAF (Non-Appropriated Funds) Human Resources orientation, and health screening.
- Be prepared to stay until 5 pm – tentative hire letters issued the same day!
What to Bring
- Completed NAF Employment Application
- Resume, photo ID card, SSN card, certifications (CPR, etc.) HS diploma/GED or college transcripts, three references or letters of recommendation (two professional, one personal) shot records, and bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit payments.
- Completed Veterans Preference (VP) form (if applicable): “Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified.” To apply for this preference, you must:
- Provide a copy of Page 4 of the DD-214.
- Complete SF15 form from the Veterans Administration (VA)
- Completed Military Spousal Employment Preference (MSEP) form (if applicable): “Qualifying military spouses may submit their request for hiring preference upon relocation to a new geographic location to which their spouse has been assigned.” To apply for this preference, you must:
- Complete the Military Spouse Employment Preference Request
- Attach copy of your spouse’s PCS orders to the request
- Acceptance or declination of a regular Full or Part-time non-appropriated or appropriated fund position ends your ability to claim this preference. A military spouse rated among the “Most Qualified” must be hired over the following preferences.
- For more information call 559-998-4893.